Monday, January 25, 2010

More ramblings

It is again 11:00 and everyone is asleep. Seems to be a common thing around here. I stay up a little later than everyone just doing nothing. The house is completely quiet and I can just sit. And do nothing. I usually surf the net a little, or read a little. I cruise through Ebay and check our sales. We are currently selling my CPCU textbooks(boring insurance stuff). 9 of 12 books have bids. That's always fun. Then, I check out the cabins for sale at Lake Vermilion in Minnesota. I dream that some day we will buy one and create our own Camp Meyers for our kids and future grandkids and family to enjoy. Even though I said I was trying to cut back on the political stuff, I usually check out the Drudge Report to see what's up.

Lately I have been researching used conversion vans. I made the mistake of taking Andy and Pete to a used car lot and letting them get into a conversion van. They could not believe the recliners you can have in a car. Not to mention the cool mood lighting and TV. Andy will need a car to drive in a few months and is begging for a conversion van. Since our Santa Fe is too small for five adults to go more than about 20 miles, I am actually considering it. I really am getting old, aren't I? I also have to take into account that Bryant will be joining us now on some of our trips. We are planning a trip to Chicago in March and he is coming with us, so that is six adults.

Speaking of Bryant, he is in India right now on a month long mission trip. Lilli hasn't spoke with him in weeks and she is leaving in two weeks for Cambodia. So, she will be there while he is in India. Last night her cell phone rang and she didn't hear it. Unfortunately, it was Bryant calling and she missed it. His opportunities to use a phone are few and far between. She was really bummed about that.

That's about it. I guess I'm done rambling. I have to get back to Autotrader and look for that van.

1 comment:

mindswirlia said...

Get the VAN, you won't regret a minute of it!!!