Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mid-winter Thaw!







When you live in Iowa, there is nothing more welcome than an unseasonably warm day in the middle of winter! This week we enjoyed just such an occurrence and loved every minute of it. We were recovering from a 2-week subzero snap when, out of the blue we were Blessed with a 70 degree day. It's the thing that helps us survive the rest of February and March. It's at times like this that I'm truly thankful to be able to raise my family in Iowa. We get to enjoy God's handiwork in all seasons and conditions. Open windows and Robins in February which gave me my first opportunity to open the Iowa bird book that my aunt sent me last week.


My challenge to all this week: Look around and find the little things that you're thankful for!










No comments: