Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Summer has begun!

Summer has started--officially!  I always forget that summer is just as crazy as the school year. In the 5 days since the boys finished their freshman and junior years of high school and Lilli finished her year of college, this is what's occurred:

Lilli started summer school, went to Kansas City to visit my beloved aunt and her great-aunt, redecorated her room, started looking for a new part-time job, checked the mailbox and email approximately 50 times a day to see about her nursing school application, worked on a transitional house with her dad, brothers and boyfriend, played with kids at Cedar Valley Youth Art Team, and spent some time doing her cousin's fingernails, to name a few

Andy finished his military packets, finished the soccer season, started summer weightlifting, went paintballing with the football team, worked on a transitional house, has been working at the hardware store, went to basketball camp, packed for his two weeks away, helped with a Memorial Day get-together with family and is turning 17 tomorrow

Pete has been fishing 4 times, went paintballing, started summer weightlifting, worked on a transitional house, has been attending Driver's Ed, went to detasseling meeting, has been disc golfing, helped with scoreboard at a few soccer games, has helped at the hardware store, played some PS3 and much more

When does school start again?!  I already feel a bit overwhelmed!  I started back to teaching today though, so I can go there and get a rest.  :)  But in all honesty, I truly love summer!  Today both of my sons came to get me at work and we got to do a little shopping and have lunch together. I feel pretty Blessed!

No comments: