Monday, August 22, 2011

Under "construction".....

This time of year always brings out a desire in me to re-do things at home!  Maybe it's getting the house ready for winter when we'll be trapped indoors for months at a time.  This year, it's partly that and partly having one less person living there and wanting to occupy my time.

Projects in progress:

*Painting and redecorating the downstairs bathroom  (with the upstairs one to follow)

*Sanding, prepping, and painting an antique bed and dresser to put in Lilli's room--since she took all of her things with her

*New living room furniture/configuration--Lilli even took our living room furniture!

*Relandscaping our backyard--moving plants to the stream, taking out some bushes that don't "match" my yard  :), and putting in some new perrennials

*Just finished painting one side of the house

As I look back, I'm using the word "I" quite liberally--Joel is doing the lion's share of the work, but I'm great with the ideas and planning!  I love the way a room looks with new paint! 
I'll post some pics soon!
Happy Fall and if you need an idea person for re-doing something, call!
(I chose this picture because I've been threatening Joel with painting something this color, he's not on board yet.)

No comments: